Unleash Creativity is made for everyone who needs to unleash creative potential inside (FREE App).
How to use this application?
First you can prepare yourself by reading “I have an idea and what now?” and “Creative advices”, then start with “Create!” and just use “Notes” tab at the bottom of the screen to write down ideas.
When you collected your ideas go through next steps: “Refine” and “Finish” in order to prepare your idea before telling it to anyone. You can use just one or two of available options in each step or all, how you prefer…
You should find the way to generate many successful ideas…
If you have a group of people you can use “Create – Refine – Finish” in a group by selecting only few of techniques in every step. Using this you can brainstorm or have a creative meeting.
1. talk with creative people that you know
2. take a walk every day an make “internal” brainstorming
3. change the look of your office
4. write down your ideas
5. keep your idea notebook on your desk
6. read books that are not connected to your work
7. always ask yourself about the simplest solution
8. ask your colleagues how they will improve your idea
9. try to describe your idea as that you must explain it to total stranger who is not an expert for your field of work (Homer Simpson is good example)
10. don’t go from work if you haven’t write down one idea or a comment in idea notebook
11. make an investigation about certain destination, even thought you don’t plan to travel there – maybe you will find inspiration
12. decide to be creative
13. eat at another restaurant
14. go to work with public transportation
15. leave yourself a few minutes in a day for daydreaming
Think about a soccer team that have up to 500 kids in youth categories. All kids are in training process for years and after some period selection is done. Then, only the best will play in the first XI in their category.
When they have 17-18 years, maybe 5 youth players per season get an opportunity in first team (and that’s too much to say!). And from those 5 players, maybe 1 or 2 will become players in first XI.
If we compare that with business process, we have 1 or 2 from 500 success rate!
Now, you can see the similarity with innovation process, where many ideas don’t have real chance.
That’s why you must be prepared, that many ideas will fail.
The best soccer clubs in the world have the best youth academies or they are good in scouting young stars.
Think about your favorite soccer club.
Are you satisfied with their youth academy?
What can be improved?
Can see the similarities with your work?