Interesting article in McKinseyQuarterly where they describe 10 upcoming tech-enabled business trends:
1. Distributed cocreation moves into the mainstream
2. Making the network the organization
3. Collaboration at scale
4. The growing ‘Internet of Things’
5. Experimentation and big data
6. Wiring for a sustainable world
7. Imagining anything as a service
8. The age of the multisided business model
9. Innovating from the bottom of the pyramid
10. Producing public good on the grid
The story of open innovation is part of some trends, also Cloud Computing(SaaS) take part in some.
Innovating from the bottom of the pyramid is very interesting – innovating for customers which were not seen before.