Last week I held a full-day innovation workshop on the topic in the title. It was part of the Corporate Innovation and Intrapreneurship Conference which was organized for the fifth time in Zagreb.
As, always I spend the first part of education teaching the terms, going through examples and giving small exercises. On the second part (after lunch) there was more work for workshop participants. Creative Cards was one of the techniques used.
This raises the question, how much time should be taken in education for practical work to be called workshop? 20%, 30%, 50% or more?
In my educations, I often give 20-30% of the time on practical work if this isn’t ideation workshops.
Here is the programme of this workshop:
Start into Creativity and Innovation (Beginner level workshop)
Being innovative should always be a part of your approach. With creative thinking, problems can be solved differently and strategically.
The right innovative techniques can help you save precious time and money, and give you a competitive lead in expanding your business.
Learn how to start Innovation.
What are innovations and how to differentiate them from other ideas?
- What are exactly innovations?
- Innovation process
- Ideas, innovations, inventions
How to become innovative and how to come to an idea? Innovations and creativity are very popular topics, but what is the difference between them? How to ﬁnd an innovation inside yourself.
- Types of innovations with examples
- Examples of successful ideas and innovators from the past.
- Open innovations
- Innovation competitions
- The best innovation companies
It is possible to ﬁnd an improvement (savings of time or money) on almost every workplace. It is needed to make a climate where improvements will be recognized and stimulated.
- Examples of improvements
- Importance of savings and improvements in everyday work
From idea to realization
There is a long way for every idea from idea submission to idea realization, so the innovation process has to be made in the most simple and faster way.
- Starting of innovation climate
- Types of innovations
- Innovation process
- Innovation metrics
- Idea campaigns
- Rewarding ideas
- Which ideas our company needs?
- Catch a big idea
- Accidental ideas
- Examples of big, successful ideas from the past which can inspire future innovators.
A practical example of brainstorming workshop.
- Rules of the brainstorming workshop
- How to do a workshop and what to do after it
- Innovation on demand
- Creative Cards
- How to do it without brainstorming?
How to catch an idea
Catch the right idea, shape it and give it the best chance for success.
- How to build an innovation process
- Innovations in Europe and Globally
- Things that every innovator or manager must not forget Catch the right idea, shape it and give it the best chance for success.